Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My name


I can say 90% of my friends call me Angie.

Like my family members, my close hometown friends call me Gie.

For your info, 'Angie' is in my birth cert and IC. So it is my real name.

My chinese name? I think most of my friends, especially hi-bye friends don't know it.

Ok, if you don't know, my full name is Angie Lim Khai Im, 楷音.

Recently, don't know starting from when, i started to feel that my chinese name is unique and nice.

Originally, my was this , which had been used by me during my kindergarten years.

Then my mum asked me to change to before i went to Standard 1. I'm not sure about the exact reason but it was suggested by a fortune teller.

Both Angie and are given by my dad. He said he gave me a christian name because many people in his workplace used christian name at that time.

U see, :楷,楷,= chinese calligraphy and : 音乐= music. But the funny thing is i did badly in both of them. Haha... Don't know why.

楷音 was used in my Primary school because i felt that having a Christian name is weird as very few kids had one at that time.

I started to use Angie since Form 1 and fewer and fewer friends called me 楷音 since then. And now, i find it weird when people call me 楷音. Haha...

I used to hate my name because it started with A. My class No., Exam candidate No. are always 1 or 0001. I'll be the first one to do running, high jump, long jump and etc. SPM and STPM exam? I sat at the first row first column. Everything started with me. So now, i really don't like to be the first one to do anything. *phobia* haha..just kidding!

Naming a baby is not an easy task. I think i should thank my dad for giving me a nice unique and rare name.

Thank you, daddy.

4 comments:

  1. Your chinese name really unique. So keep letting people on ur name ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. =)
    Nice name.. although i dunno how to read.. but i know how to pronounce it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha..it's very funny when you rant about being the first for everything. It's good sometimes. Just go and get it over! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. gie gie!!!
    i noe ur chinese name!!!
    i noe i noe!!!
    kakakakakaka~~
    actually i learnt to love my chinese name too, bcoz same like urs, mine is quite unique as well XD
    even though ppl tend to mispronounce it~~
    hahaha~~

    ReplyDelete